DARBHA GRASS YOGA MATSold Out
Darbha Grass Yoga Mat - that retains energy during yoga sessions. The eco-friendly, natural grass mat for your Yoga!
This Darbha Grass yoga mat with cotton lining is woven in handlooms by the traditional weavers of Tamil Nadu and comes with anti-skid backing. Stay fit and let your inner Sun shine with Yoga and this mat that will carry your Yoga Mat.
Darbha Grass Specialties:
- Darbha (Desmotachya bipinnata) is a tropical grass, considered to be a sacred material in Vedic scriptures and is said to purify offerings during rituals and yajnas
- Darbha is an eco-friendly and natural preservative used during times of eclipse to preserve food from getting fermented or infected by micro organisms
- It is believed that Darbha grass helps in retaining energy, during meditation, from being discharged through our body (mostly through legs and toes) into ground, when such a mat is used underneath.
- Darbha also has healing properties and is used in Ayurvedic medicines.
These Darbha yoga mats have a natural beauty to leave down around the house even whilst you are not using them. The yoga mats have a naturally ribbed serrated texture of the interwoven grass help you maintain your grip for a natural flow of movement, working towards a balance without providing artificial 'sticky' support. This gives a beneficial 'acupressure' effect through the soles of your feet With this mat, sweat wicks away, no puddles after a class.
Caring for your Yoga Mat - Periodically clean your yoga mat
Care instruction –
1. Gently wipe the mat with clean wet cloth
2. Dry out completely in shade before storage/usage. In case sun drying is not possible the mat can also be air dried.
Check out our Unique Yoga Accessories Collection.