Wooden Box Charkha- Spinning WheelSold Out
Relax & Rejuvenate by hand spinning yarn with this portable box charkha - symbol of Indian Textiles & the freedom movement
Wooden Box Charkha is an Indian version of modified spinning wheel to make cotton yarn. The wooden box charkha comes with a instruction manual and a bundle of cotton. Try this foldable spinning-wheel - charkha as used by Mahatma Gandhi.
- Hand-crafted in India.
- Made from Teak wood polished with French varnish.
- Sturdy, compact and weighs 2.5 kg
- Includes three spindles, cotton drive band and a skeiner.
- Ideal for spinning short staple fibers such as cotton or fine wool
- Everything folds up nicely into a wooden box
- Includes an Accessories Box to keep spindles and strings!
- This box Charkha is ideal for spinning short staple fibers such as cotton or fine wool into yarn. Also good for angora, cashmere, silk or any fine fiber.
- The compact Charkha is in a shape of the Box and is very compact and lightweight. Because of it's lightweight it can easily be carried wherever you go!
- Spinning activity improves concentration & attention span.
- It has meditative qualities.
- And, this craft is addictive! Once mastered, you will fall in love with hand spinning because of the scope of the creativity it provides!
- Last, but not the least, it can be a tool to achieve economic independence.
The wooden box charkha is a great conversation piece and a unique, must-have spinning wheel for all spinning enthusiasts. The charkha has a history and became a symbol of self-sufficiency/self-reliance/self-governance in India that helped force change in India during the rule of the British empire in times of Mahatma Gandhi. Khadi & Charkha were not only the means to achieve freedom. They were part of spiritual nourishment as a meditation for all people. It helped sustain the freedom struggle for decades & attain it.
The product is outcome of our initiative to encourage learn and practice hand spinning. Learn the art of hand spinning with this box charkha- fold-able spinning wheel. Happy Spinning !!!
Check out this BOOKLET which should serve to enhance their confidence and commitment towards this all encompassing art of spinning which is a non-violent and eco-friendly way of life.
Check out our Unique INDIA | The Republic Collection.